From the Tech-enhanced Life Resource Database:
Tools for improving the quality of life as we grow older — shared by the Tech-enhanced Life community.
Smart, disposable adult briefs to screen for urinary tract infections and track hydration.
"Once a day you or a caregiver can scan the front of a wet Pixie Brief with a phone or tablet. It takes less than ten seconds from start to finish. Our algorithms instantly begin to analyze the data.
By taking useful data from a wet Pixie Brief, we make use of something that would normally be thrown directly into the trash. Pixie Briefs and our application will automatically look for emerging trends in your loved one's health and will alert you to certain conditions that may require attention of a physician."
- Quotes from their website:
- "My mother-in-law is now in the advanced stage of Alzheimer's disease and has been suffering with recurring UTI's. As she is now unable to communicate effectively with caregivers, it has been challenging dealing with this issue."
- "My mother has Alzheimers and is unable to converse with us. She consistently gets urinary tract infections which exposes itself as tremor like symptoms. I consider this idea to be an excellent tool because we could get results before the condition is full blown."
- "My 88 year-old mother is being discharged from the hospital this morning. She was admitted after a fall and was diagnosed with a UTI and was extremely dehydrated."
- "As a father of a special needs child from birth, it is extremely difficult to gather urine. Most cases the doctors office gives up and certain tests are never taken due to the difficulty of collection of the urine unless hospitalized."
Learn when we discover more useful resources
Sign up to get Tech-enhanced Life's email newsletter, which includes a list of the new products and resources added to our database each month. See what our community of older adults, scientists, clinicians and technologists is discovering and sharing.
Comes monthly. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Tech-enhanced Life Resource Database
This is one of hundreds of products and resources in the Tech-enhanced Life database of "useful products and resources".
The theme of this collection of resources is "tools we can use to help improve our quality of life as we grow older".
We have no vested interest in any of these products or services, but we have collected descriptions of them, and organized them according to various themes relating to the challenges of aging — so older adults and their families can find useful products they do not yet know about.
Members of Tech-enhanced Life can search by categories, add reviews of the products, and see links to the manufacturer's websites where they can buy the products.
Note: If you want to support our work, please use these links when you buy any of the products we write about, as we sometimes get a small percentage of the sale from the manufacturer, which we use to support our research. (This does not effect the price you pay).
See How we Fund our Work.