Decisions for Later in Life @SFV
Listen to the Audio: Decisions for Later in Life @SFV
from: Longevity Explorers | Sequoias SF, SF Village
The group discusses the types of decisions and documentation that tend to assure that one's desires concerning person and property are known and followed late in life. The group offers comments, questions and suggestions about getting one's affairs in order:
- Advance health directives (Durable Powers of Attorney for Person and/or Finances)
- Be sure that both spouses know the details of family assets and finances
- Final arrangements (Neptune Society or Funeral Service, UCSF Willed Body Program)
- Wills and trusts, appointing a fiduciary
- Medication list, Health app on smartphone
- 'I.C.E." listing on phone (to be contacted In Case of Emergency)
- Pet care arrangements when owner is incapacitated
A member tells of the expeditious experience he and his sister had when his mother's estate passed efficiently to them through her living trust, lending credence to the value of communicating one's wishes in advance.
Log in to learn more and to listen to the audio recording.
Interested in what our circles of older adults discuss?
Sign up to get Tech-enhanced Life's email newsletter, which summarizes the discussions from our Longevity Explorer circles each month. See what our explorers care about, are interested in, and are exploring.
Comes monthly. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.