Explorer Discussions: Live Audio
Ever wanted to be a fly on the wall while a group of older adults discussed a product or problem you care about? Now you can.
Every month, our Longevity Explorers circles of older adults meet to:
- discuss unmet needs associated with growing older;
- critique specific products; brainstorm solutions to some of the challenges of aging; and
- compare notes about gadgets they like to use.
We audio-record these discussions, post them on this website, and you can listen to them at the time and place of your choosing.
For Older Adults AND for Product Developers
For older adults, & their families
Our discussions vary broadly. Often we tackle questions to which the older adult discussion participants want answers, and talk about ways individuals have solved challenges or needs they have experienced. If you are an older adult, or friend of an older adult, you may find these topics interesting too.
We have synthesized what we have learned into a series of "Exploration Syntheses", where we summarize the results from multiple discussions on a topic, and share actionable insights that have emerged from the discussions.
For Product Developers
Often we talk about unmet needs, flaws in existing products, and important products we wish someone would develop for older adults like us. These discussions are expecially relevant to people engaged in developing new products for older adults.
We often meet young product developers who want to develop products for older adults, and wish they had a good way to immerse themselves in the world as older adults see it. Being able to listen in while older adults talk about topics they care deeply about, and products they wish existed, is a great way to do that.
With typical ages of our explorers ranging from 70 - 95 years old, these discussions represent the opinions of a demographic that is hard to reach. And the volume and breadth of discussions we have curated over the last two years is quite unparelleled.
You can see some of the more popular themes we have been exploring below.
Popular Impact Themes
Access to Audio Recordings
Discussions from our Longevity Explorers typically fall into two categories.
- Discussions we think will be useful for older adults and their family. These can be listened to by anyone who registers as a member of this website (free) for several months after they go live, after which they go into our research archive.
- Discussions that are focused on the needs of developers of new products and services for older adults. This content requires a Researcher Membership (inexpensive, but not free).
Of course, the Longevity Explorers themselves have free access to all our material
Researcher Memberships: Discussions Plus
If you would like to be able to:
- listen to all the explorer discussions in a specific theme;
- help frame the topics to be discussed;
- get notifed each week of new discussions; and (soon)
- get additional analysis of "what we learned this month" from the Tech-enhanced Life analysts,
.... please check out our Researcher Memberships.
(You can filter by topic and see hundreds more discussions like these)