Who Prefers a Taxi vs. a Car for Hire?
Listen to the Audio: Who Prefers a Taxi vs. a Car for Hire?
from: Longevity Explorers | Sequoias SF, SF Village
Explorer Lynn starts the discussion by voicing a preference for the Flywheel taxi smartphone app. Members go on to discuss the pros and cons of taxis vs. Uber or Lyft cars for hire.
Some favor taxis for the following reasons:
- No upcharge during high demand or 'surge' periods'
- Taxis more likely to benefit the local economy.
- Drivers tend to have better background checks and know the city better.
Others favor cars for hire:
- 'Pooling' helps reduce the cost of the ride.
- The app gives a cost estimate before ordering the ride.
In the end, the group is evenly divided between taxi, Uber and Lyft.
Log in to learn more and to listen to the audio recording.
Interested in what our circles of older adults discuss?
Sign up to get Tech-enhanced Life's email newsletter, which summarizes the discussions from our Longevity Explorer circles each month. See what our explorers care about, are interested in, and are exploring.
Comes monthly. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.