Help Me Navigate the World of Cell Phone Services
Listen to the Audio: Help Me Navigate the World of Cell Phone Services
from: Longevity Explorers | Sequoias SF, SF Village
Explorer Bonnie describes a disappointing experience with her cellular provider, and seeks the input of group members as to how to deal with it or find a provider with better customer service skills.
She tells of her phone's loss of battery power, resulting in loss of cell service. Is a new phone needed? Just a new battery? Her current cellular company is unresponsive to her inquiries, so she reaches out to the group for suggestions. Her questions and the ensuing discussion include:
- Do I really need the phone insurance that the store offers at the time of sale? What about other accessories?
- Consumer Cellular (also Cricket and Virgin cellular) are discussed as lower cost alternatives to the larger 'name brand' cellular provider networks - but members warn that the smaller providers require an 'unlocked' phone.
- What does an 'unocked phone' mean?
- How much data storage is needed when buying a phone?
- To find a solution, going to a phone store can be very helpful.
In conclusion, members recommend personally taking her phone in to the store and speaking to a live sales representative. It is almost always a learning experience, and may help reduce monthly expense.
Log in to learn more and to listen to the audio recording.
Interested in what our circles of older adults discuss?
Sign up to get Tech-enhanced Life's email newsletter, which summarizes the discussions from our Longevity Explorer circles each month. See what our explorers care about, are interested in, and are exploring.
Comes monthly. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.