Help! Give Me De-cluttering Ideas, Methods and Resources
Listen to the Audio: Help! Give Me De-cluttering Ideas, Methods and Resources
from: Longevity Explorers | Sequoias SF, SF Village
Explorer Joe asks for suggestions for selling, giving away or disposing of unwanted household items. He explains that he feels guilty just throwing things away and he would appreciate some creative ideas. The group rises to the challenge with a helpful list:
- Goodwill or Salvation Army
- Books to library
- Got Junk (haulers)
- Hire a professional home organizer (de-clutterer)
- Post items on social media (NextDoor or Craigs List)
- Post a print ad in the neighborhood news letter
- Call scavenger or recycling companies (Arts and Crafts items to 'Scrap' at ReCology recycling)
- Charity fund raising shops and white elephant sales
- SF Village recommends the Community Thrift Shop
- Second hand shops like 'Out of the Closet'
- Break down items and add them to the trash pickup or call for extra pick up at an additional charge
Evidently, many group members have had experience in de-cluttering, and are a helpful source of referrals.
Log in to learn more and to listen to the audio recording.
Interested in what our circles of older adults discuss?
Sign up to get Tech-enhanced Life's email newsletter, which summarizes the discussions from our Longevity Explorer circles each month. See what our explorers care about, are interested in, and are exploring.
Comes monthly. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.