Medication Management & Pill Reminder Guide
This is the home page for our research into medication management tools, including pill reminder apps, other types of pill reminders and pill organizers, complex medication management systems, and related topics such as maintaining a correct medication list.
We have initiated this project, because imperfect medication adherence is one of the leading causes of premature institutionalization of older adults. And thus for older adults who want to live in their own homes as long as possible, taking medications correctly is a very important topic.
There are a variety of tools for this purpose, and in this research topic we explore a number of them, seeking to understand which tools work best for specific types of people and specific life circumstances.
In addition, our Longevity Explorers have had a number of discussions of the whole topic of managing medication, and as a result we have developed some intriguing insights into how older adults manage their medications today, what they think their challenges are in this context, and what they do and do not see as "problems to be fixed".
Our analyst team and the Longevity Explorers are researching topics like:
- Which is the best pill reminder app?
- How do different older adults approach tracking and managing their medications?
- Which pill organizers do our Longevity Explorers like best, and why?
- Which automatic pill dispensers work best for manging medication adherence for a person with Alzheimer's?
- Of the wide variety of available medication management systems, which work best in various different circumstances, and which features are most relevant for specific life situations.
Below you will find the research and exploration we have done so far.